In addition to our expertise in photochemical etching, E-Fab specializes in flex circuitry. Our team of experienced engineers design and build flex and thin metal circuits for use in applications around the world.
We use a wide variety of production methods, including photochemical machining (PCM), heat bonding, and machining to produce high-quality circuits and electronic parts.
Why Heat Pressure Bonding Services From E-Fab?
Through a combination of pressure and heat, we use a hydraulic heat press to compress lamination layers together. This process can laminate PCBs, flex circuits, and more.
This creates a permanent bond to join metals to different substrates. Multilayer laminations increase performance because of the additional mechanical strength, design possibilities, and flexibility heat pressure bonding offers. E-Fab’s multilayer heat pressure bonding equipment can handle panel sizes of up to 30 inches by 30 inches.
Our company has been creating circuitry and advanced electronic parts for nearly 40 years in Silicon Valley. We offer bonding, laminating, and multilayering services and can facilitate outside bond strength testing services.
Processes and Advantages
Heat pressure bonding processes have many advantages. Some of these advantages include:
- Conductivity. The process does not impede electrical conductivity.
- Electrical insulation. Circuit boards and electrical equipment have excellent electrical insulation at a rate of 25 kv over one minute.
- Environmental benefits. This production method creates little-to-no waste and is environmentally safe.
- Mechanical strength. The bonds created by our heat bonding process are strong and reliable.
- Power distribution. This production method increases the power distribution area for enhanced performance.
- Superior TCE match. With heat pressure bonding, products have a better TCE match with silicon.
We also provide engineering and design services during every stage of a project. Our team of engineers can help revise design plans, reduce material waste, and speed up production while ensuring quality.
E-Fab’s heat bonding processes can produce the following parts and products:
- Antenna substrates
- Chip-on-board technologies
- Complex assemblies
- Control circuits
- Flex cable batteries
- Flex circuits
- Flex heaters
- Microwave components
- MRI machine parts
- Multilayer busbars
- OEM products and widgets
- Semiconductors and hybrid semiconductors
E-Fab builds these parts and more for industries including automotive, communications, electronics, electrical machinery, medical technology, military and defense, and semiconductor. We also create parts that aid in EMI and RF shielding.
We can laminate or bond the following materials:
- Composites, such as Kapton
- Electronic parts
- Hard insulation materials
- Materials with insulation
- Metals, including aluminum, copper, stainless steel, and steel
Our team can encapsulate parts with basic materials and hard insulation materials for multiple layers of stiffness. Electronics are continuing to face demands for smaller systems and more flexible circuitry, especially as equipment across multiple industries incorporates touchscreen technologies and continuous monitoring. Our manufacturing processes are built to help your company meet this demand.
Contact E-Fab Today to Learn More About Our Heat Treatment Capabilities
E-Fab has a long history of success producing advanced and flexible electronic parts. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and consistently deliver high-quality products to our customers. We can produce prototypes, developmental projects, and full production runs.
Contact us to learn more about our engineering support and manufacturing methods or to get your production order started.